Saturday, November 01, 2008

UBUNTU 8.04 to 8.10 upgrade problem!!!!

Hi ,

This post dedicated to all the ppl who are facing problems with the latest ubuntu update. I started using UBUNTU from past one month. The version which i downloaded was 8.04. I installed it using a CD . For the first time in my life, all my hardware devices worked for me without any problem. The moment i installed ubuntu, i was like..... Awesome man... ohhhh aaaaaaaaaaah stuff. Sound ,Video, X , Ethernet, Internet everything works. UBUNTU ppl have nailed linux Desktop :).

Now recenltly i tried to upgrade to 8.10 version. Upgrade went smoothly.But once i restarted the machine after upgrade. The user interface Hangs, fortunately my Failsafe Gnome option worked well for me. Through which i was able to browse the net for help. After one hour searching and trying 2-3 alternatives , in one of the forums i found that , During login you need to specifically choose the GNOME option, and this worked for me as well. ( Eventhough your default option was GNOME before upgrade ]

I thought of posting this. By default the option to login will be in Running X Script option . So change it to GNOME and hopefullly if you dont have any other issues, you can easily login and use the latest version of UBUNTU.


---- UBUNTU ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Srini

No comments: