Sunday, April 30, 2006

Malgudi Magician!!!


Hi All,

This post is dedicated to Mr.R.K.Narayan,my favorite author. Here is his photo. I dont remember exactly when i started reading his novels. But i started reading English novels with his Malgudi Novels.

In those days i tried to read English Novels but used to feel uncomfortable because of my English Knowledge. In those days i used to have a dictionary to translate the words. I tried Nancy Drew's books but got bugged with the translations so left it there only.

But i really enjoyed R.K.N's novels because the English is really simple and can be understood with my little english knowledge. But i was not able to read any of his books as it was not available in Shimoga's library[Central Library]. But got my hands on his novels when i came to Bangalore . He really created Magic in his works. U will never get bored, if u are reading it for the first time the joy cannot be expressed in words[atleast for me].

I read his "Swami and Friends" when i was in college i took it from my friend Prakash Chandra , later could not read much of his work , but once i joined job every month Salary Day i wil buy on novel. So i already read
"Vendor of Sweets" , "My Days" , "Dark Room" , "Malgudi Days" ,"Lawley Road" , "Talkative Man".

If u are an indian u will love his works. I usually get back to my childhood days when i read swamy and his friends. Basically all his works are earthy and u can feel the indian culture and his way of describing the things are wonderful.

Still i have to read "Man Eater of malgudi" , Mr.Sampath - Printer of malgudi, lots of novels left . but once u finish all u feel really sad that he is no more to create the Magic..

But u will never get bored even if u read many times.

"It was monday morning and swaminathan was reluctant to open his eyes "..... the first lines of swamy and friends. this is the feeling of everyone on monday morning....

So if u find any of his books just read it... I always quarrel with my friend Ramya that Swaminathan is far better than "Harry Potter"...

So thats all for the day...

- Srini

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maga u want e book of malgudi?

Unknown said...

odhappa odhu!

Anonymous said...

Speaking from the inner heart.

I appreciate.

Excellent points really.

Great Content.

This site anlyses the Indian's English knowledge.

http://oh-indian.com

Indian's English Knowledge